Monday, January 20, 2014

Hi, I'm Megan.

I sing too much and laugh too loudly.

Let's be friends.


For real though, what's kickin'?  I study Graphic Design at Marshall University, but, in all reality, I just really love music.  I spend nearly all of my free time listening to and playing music.  If you ever need someone to cover "You Make My Dreams" by Hall & Oates, I'm your girl.   


Or can we just talk about what a genius Frank Turner is?  Like, how do you even write lyrics like that? 

That's what I want to be able to do.  Songwriting is a skill currently trying to develop.  "Trying" being the operative word... But, hey, gotta start somewhere.

For now, I do post (usually) weekly covers on my YouTube channel.  Except for when I'm lazy or have technical difficulties.  Or, occasionally I'm too hampered by ineptitude at performing songs flawlessly and I run out of time trying over and over to record something without numerous mistakes in it.  I do have a little over 600 subscribers, so even though I tend to hate a lot of my videos a few weeks after I upload them, I guess people are digging them.  So hopefully you will too!


If I do end up pursuing a career in design, which I'm sure I will due to the lack of monetary gain from most musical endeavors, I still want music to be a huge part of it, so my goal is to work either at a record label or a freelance designer for bands and other musicians.  


I just read back through that bit and realized it's only one sentence.  So that's cool.  


I also really like armchairs.  I thought I'd mention that because I've been sitting in one the entire time I've been writing this. 


But enough about me.  Here's my question for you: What's your favorite Bruce Willis movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment